SOLVED

Create shortcuts to folders in Teams client?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

In my Teams desktop client I have a team with a channel with a tab connected to a Sharepoint document library. I use certain subfolders frequently and would like to create a shortcut to them. 

I tried creating a new tab, but it only accepts URLs to the root of the document library.

Is there a way to create shortcuts to specific folders in the desktop client?

Cheers,

Jan

6 Replies
Use the website tab and paste the url to the sub folder

Adam

@adam deltinger 

Promising idea, but the webpage first requires me to sign in again (which is a hassle with our two step authentication) and then the page doesn't load correctly. It then refers me to the web version of Teams.

best response confirmed by Jan Balje (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I haven’t experienced that myself :\

I guess you could click the properties of that sub folder and choose “get link” -> paste somewhere in Teams
Create a New Page on the attached SharePoint site. Add Document library webpart. Edit webpart options where you can pick a start folder to the sub folder. Add this SharePoint page as a tab in Teams. This should work.

@adam deltinger I pasted the shortcut (=URL to subfolder) in the chat and that works great. No problem with our authentication. Now all we need is sticky posts...

@Chris Webb I found this solution more difficult. I couldn't get the document library webpart to open in the required subfolder. The best I could do was to configure the title link above the webpart to the required subfolder.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jan Balje (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I haven’t experienced that myself :\

I guess you could click the properties of that sub folder and choose “get link” -> paste somewhere in Teams

View solution in original post