Create Microsoft Teams Bot for SelfService provisioning of new Teams

Brass Contributor

In General the creation of Office 365 Groups is disabled within our organization. But we'd like to provide the users with a selfservice possibility to create their own O365 Groups.

Has anyone done that before?

Can anyone direct me to some helpful resources (bot creation, graph api, …) for that?

Thanks in Advance.

4 Replies

@Thomas_Steibl There are a bunch of solutions to manage this but i recommend that You start by reading the blog series of @Magnus Sandtorv here: "Take control of your Microsoft Teams environment" in order to get started.

Regards, Magnus G

@Thomas_Steibl Why? What value will you add beyond the standard capability?

I've done this for a number of clients, pretty easy to work with the API to provision new teams from an Azure Runbook or function. In terms of value to the end-user it's questionable, often clients want an approval workflow which just slows down the process and encourages people to not use Teams. The only value it's built is when we can create templates teams with pre-built structures and content.

Thanks @Steven Collier 

Our governance demands having a request process. Depending on the kind of Team, there should be an approval or not. The usage of templates is also pretty interesting especially for projects.

Can you share any Azure functions with the public?