SOLVED

Create and attach a "Chat group" to a "Channel"

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to add a "Chat" tab to a Teams Channel?  Within our organization we use Teams channels for _projects_, i.e. activities whose duration could range from weeks to months; we use channels exclusively for more _structured_ content, where the back-and-forth between the parties involved is limited; finally, the bulk of the collaboration happens on ad-hoc group chats.  The problem with ad-hoc group chats is that they are private, and the only way for someone to participate is to get added to the group chat; one could invite all the Teams members to all the _project_ chats all the times, but that would be kind of annoying to do....

Ideally:

- Every channel comes with a group chat (same visibility as the channel)

- The group chat can be docked in the Tabs bar of the channel, so it does not get lost with the other 1-1 group chats

Thanks for listening,

M.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
Not possible as noticed. I would create another channel for ongoing discussions as you want to limit conversations in the posts tab for the project.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
Not possible as noticed. I would create another channel for ongoing discussions as you want to limit conversations in the posts tab for the project.

View solution in original post