CREATE A TEAM THAT ONLY ALLOWS TEAM MEMBERS TO VIEW CHAT, BUT ALL CAN SEND MESSAGES

Copper Contributor

I was trying to create a Team Channel, that has 4 members that can see and respond to any/all chat questions. But, no one outside the Group can see the original post or any associated replies. only the sender can see replies to their inquiry.

3 Replies
I'm not quite understanding what you want to do here? Only Team/group members (or owners) can access a team and see or send chat messages. Anyone not a member will not be able to. What is it you are looking to achieve please?

@PeterRising I would like to create a channel in Teams where ANY member of my organization can send a message that can be viewed and replied to , but only the sender can see the chat history and conversation. I have hundreds of employees. I would liek them to send there chat questions to my Team of [4 or 5 members], but not have hundreds of folks see our responses.

@NYGTL 

OK, so in order for everyone in the organisation to post a message in the team, they are going to need to be a member of the team.  So the channel in the team may not be private, it must be public.  

The only options you have to configure posting messages within a channel are as below;

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 21.50.52.png

I am happy to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise, but I think what you want to do is simply not possible.