SOLVED

CQD - Out-of-the-box reports

Copper Contributor

Based on below link , power bi query template is available 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/turning-on-and-using-call-quality-dashboard#out-of-t...

But when i open the Template getting below error :

"We couldn't connect to your directory query data source or internal model . Double check your server and database name are correct,and that you have permission to access them.

OLE DB or ODBC error: [Expression.Error] The import MicrosoftCallQuality.GenerateTable matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?."

Any help will be much appreciated .

6 Replies

@jijo_paul Can confirm same for myself as well.  Excited about the possibilities of this but this likely got rushed out the door without sufficient vetting and documentation.

Items to Note:

• Query1 maps to that MicrosoftCallQuality.GenerateTable, which isn't defined or doesn't exist in any of the reports.
  • TenantID was hardcoded to a tenant which was not my tenant. Changing the tenantID did not resolve anything but I suspect it will ultimately be required to retrieve my tenant's actual data.
  • There is a query for BuildingFilterString which has several items hardcoded.  Not sure if this is affecting anything, but the buildings listed in the filter will certainly not be in actual customer environments.
  • There is a query for Buildings that has seven Applied Steps to it that alter and manipulate data.  The steps don't seem to serve a purpose and likely are testing remnants, but just seem to be messy and unnecessary.
  • DataSource is hardcoded to cqd.teams.microsoft.com/data/noam.  Customers that are not US tenant based may need to change this value.

Likely more to come from the product group on this, but there are definitely items that require fixing or documentation to actually use.

best response confirmed by jijo_paul (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jijo_paul We got the templates working by using the Power BI web app. Once you have the template uploaded, click on the Settings icon in the upper-right hand side and then click on Settings in the dropdown. Click on Datasets and expand Data source credentials. Edit credentials with your Teams admin account. 

We weren't able to get the templates working using the Power BI desktop app but were able to get them working with the web app. The reports look great.

@Mary Patton 

Ahhh......  I'll give that a shot later.  Bummer that PowerBI Desktop won't work but glad to hear it does work in Power BI on the web.

Thanks for the heads up!

@Mary PattonHow do I import the Call quality templates into POwer BI online?  I don't see an obvious option to upload a report or template

How do I upload the template into power bi online? I got them downloaded but not sure how to get them into the online interface

@Tom Nohelty 

You need to download the Power BI Desktop app, open the template file from there, and choose the "Publish" option. The desktop app is the only way to get the reports into Power BI online.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-upload-desktop-files#to-publish-a-p...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jijo_paul (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jijo_paul We got the templates working by using the Power BI web app. Once you have the template uploaded, click on the Settings icon in the upper-right hand side and then click on Settings in the dropdown. Click on Datasets and expand Data source credentials. Edit credentials with your Teams admin account. 

We weren't able to get the templates working using the Power BI desktop app but were able to get them working with the web app. The reports look great.

View solution in original post