SOLVED

Count emails as publications in channels

Copper Contributor

Hello,

When emails are sent to a channel, they dont appears in the analytics view of the channel.

Why this behaviour ? How to count the volume of emails sent to a given channel?

Thx in advance

4 Replies

@benoit_lamarsaude Hi, not sure about your second question but the reason for the first would be that the email message once it arrives in a channel is essentially posted as a channel message and for me that is why it would be included in the analytics.

It basically is just a message with the email attached and any attachments are added into the underlying SharePoint site, within the auto generated folder for attachments.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitechthx for your reply.

My problem is that email messages are not included in the analytics. I have channel with hundred of email and zero activity reported in the activity of the channel.

@benoit_lamarsaude 

Ah, my bad.

If I get some time I will see what I can find out for you.

Thanks

Henry

best response confirmed by benoit_lamarsaude (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@benoit_lamarsaude I had no luck like yourself I am afraid and couldn't find a conclusive answer either, other than the fact there were some entries like this on User Voice:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40763329-include-email-posts-i...

So for now all I can say is to up vote the above, another you think matches better or start your own and get people voting for it.

Thanks

Henry

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by benoit_lamarsaude (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@benoit_lamarsaude I had no luck like yourself I am afraid and couldn't find a conclusive answer either, other than the fact there were some entries like this on User Voice:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40763329-include-email-posts-i...

So for now all I can say is to up vote the above, another you think matches better or start your own and get people voting for it.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post