Copy two-week schedule of meetings into new half-term for school.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have been using MS Teams for all our remote learning lessons during lockdown. We have a two-week timetable, so it took some time to set up all the lessons over a two week period and schedule each individual class on a two-week repeat cycle.

We now have half-term break, and need to re-start the same two-week cycle, but with the one week break. Therefore we need to shift every series of lessons forward by one week, whilst maintaining the two-week repeat for the next six weeks.

Please tell me that there is a way to do this without having to re-schedule every single class in a new two-week, repeating schedule...

This will save a lot of staff a lot of valuable time if there is a solution.

Can anyone help, please?

Many thanks in advance.

Conor

2 Replies

@Conor Davies I came on to ask the same question. There must be thousands of teachers in the same boat.  The thought of inputting all those times and lessons again..and then again after easter etc

@rache1695 Best solution we've come up with is to open Outlook - Calendar, then right-click on a meeting and 'Duplicate Event'. You still have to set new start and end dates, but the lesson length is preserved and the meeting name is also copied across. It still requires you to do every individual meeting, though.

Some kind of 'copy and paste' functionality might be nice in the calendar interface to make this a whole lot easier, maybe?

I'm surprised that no-one has yet even suggested a work-around, given the number of times the question has been read. An embarrassed silence, perhaps? :)

Here's hoping otherwise.

There's still a few weeks to go...