Contacting Skype Users from Teams

Copper Contributor
Is there a specific setting I need to allow teams to be able to see external contacts using Skype. Thank you for your help
3 Replies
External access (federation needs to be enabled in teams admin center. Also if your users are running S4b on premises the user needs to be hosted online in a hybrid config
I have external access turned on in teams why still it doesn't allow us to search for users that are using Skype... All out users are using regular teams as far as I know but I have tried having someone with a regular Skype account call my teams and it will work but I cannot call them back or message them
Ask them to check their Coexistence mode. Looks like they maybe have “Island” mode on. If they have this, it explains why it isn’t working as Teams messages stay in their Teams island. If the end user is running Skype for Business and haven’t turned on Teams, they receive nothing as the message stays in Teams (island mode).
As them to set the coexistence mode, for that particular user, at least on SfB only/collab or collab Meeting mode. It will take something like 24 hours before all has been set on backend with Microsoft.

Let me know if this was the case :grinning_face:

Kind regards and stay healthy,
Mitchell Bakker