Connecting to H323 video call

Brass Contributor

We have Office 365 and use MST teams internally.  I am wondering if it is possible to "connect" our Teams to an external video call.  We also still have Skype for Business on-prem.  I asked our client's video call scheduling service about connecting either by Teams or Skype federated and this is the response I received:

There is no external federation for Skype calls for the xxx.xxxxx.com domain. Only (company) internal Skype users can join telepresence conferences.

External connectivity is available via SIP and H323 to 7XXXXX@xxx.xxxxx.com (where 7XXXXX is the conference ID in the invitation) or telephone +1 844 xxx xxxx, entering the 6 digit conference ID.

Ideally - we would like to setup Teams to connect to these calls.  Is that possible?

3 Replies
No. You need 3rd party gating solutions

@sergeyzakAny idea why?

You can setup a Cloud Video Interop gateway with Teams that will allow others video systems to join Teams meetings. It is not Microsoft that sells these CVI, instead they have partners. You can read more about it here and the partners are also listed at this URL:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cloud-video-interop

When you have activated a CVI in your tenant users will get extra join information for these other video systems, that they can use to join the Teams meeting.