SOLVED

Confusing Notification

Brass Contributor

Hi

I keep getting (2) on the top right corner but when I click on it and search through all my teams and chats, there is no new messages I can find. Very confusing. Is there something wrong with my computer?

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 5.44.54 PM.png

10 Replies

@jameshoty Hello! Are you experiencing this in Teams desktop and Teams on the web?

If you've searched through the Burgeon org teams and nothing new is there you can try to do a manual sign out / sign in from the same location (top right corner).

If that makes no difference and you're using the app you can delete your Teams cache at AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams (%appdata%\microsoft\teams). Delete all content in there.

Hope it helps!

This has been a known issue for a while, the numbers you see are related to other tenants you have access to and they are supposed to reflect activity you are missing on those tenants

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Known issue for a while? And not fixed? Ok noted. BTW, what is tenant? 

@ChristianBergstrom 

I tried logout and quit TEAMS and log back in. So far so good.

BTW, I am using Mac, what is the equivalent of the path you were suggesting, if you know?

The numbers are rarely, if ever, correct. But at least it gives you a hint that you have *some* missed activities in the other tenant :)

@ChristianBergstrom 

In fact the notification in this TECH Community is also confusing

jameshoty_0-1593067315632.png

You can click on it but they will remain there as long as they like. So at the end, just ignore it...

@Vasil Michev @Juan Carlos González Martín Thanks for the input (haven't experienced it myself). Such an excellent feature these cross-tenant notifications seems to be ;) 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jameshoty Hey James, thanks for the feedback! Sound promising at least. The location for Mac is

~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

Hello @jameshoty @Juan Carlos González Martín 

Hmm, are you saying this is a known Mac issue?  Because when I click on either icon at the top of the community page (I'm using Windows 10), I can see all of my posts or private responses and I have the option of deleting them, thus getting rid of the numbers if I choose.   

Hi @jameshoty   A tenant refers to a unique organization.  Think of a company or school as a tenant and within that there are several Teams, within the Teams there are channels, etc.  Does that help? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jameshoty Hey James, thanks for the feedback! Sound promising at least. The location for Mac is

~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

View solution in original post