SOLVED

Confirming that deleting an original planner will not delete a copy?

Copper Contributor

Hi all just want to confirm something: I've created a copy of a planner and I want to delete the original. That won't delete my copy, will it?

Signed,

ParanoidInPlanner

4 Replies
Hi @TayNorton

There is nothing official confirmed, but see first comment in this uservoice from July

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/34849783-re...

'I copied tasks to a new plan and deleted the original plan, but everything (including copied tasks) were deleted. It'd be so great if that were not the case!'

I would recommend creating a new plan from scratch manually just as a backup in case anything did go wrong. Belts and braces. Or leave the original in place.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
Mmm...this could sound right to me (I have to test it) if you copy the Planner Plan in the same Group, but then it could mean you are deleting the Group....however, if you are copying the Plan to a different Group, it does not make sense the copied Plan is deleted if the original one was deleted
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
That's right @Juan Carlos González Martín - having been on the end of many stitch ups in the past and having, let's say, a deep insight into blame culture I would still manually create a totally separate plan anyway just in case lol ;D

@Christopher Hoard thank you! I did copy it to a different team/group, but you're probably right that it's safest to rebuild the whole thing anyway :facepalm: thanks again! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
That's right @Juan Carlos González Martín - having been on the end of many stitch ups in the past and having, let's say, a deep insight into blame culture I would still manually create a totally separate plan anyway just in case lol ;D

View solution in original post