Conferencing has been disabled

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, a few days ago I changed a setting in Admin Portal for teams, I set 'Allow owners to delete all messages' to false.

Soon after that people in my company noticed that they were no longer to audio or video conference where more than two people were involved (Ie we could still audio or video conference 1 to 1). When people mouse over the audio or video icons, it says "Upgrade your license for this feature" ????? We have been big users of conferencing in Teams since Teams went live.

I am not sure whether me changing the setting 'Allow owners to delete all messages' was causing it, however I am unable to set this back to true. In addition I set the 'Allow videos in meetings' to false, saved it then reset it to true and saved, but this still did not help.

We are with Telstra in Australia and they are unable to help us, was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

regards,

Marc

22 Replies
Highlighted

teams_error.jpg

I have the same Issue.  Effectively implying that I need to upgrade my license.

Highlighted

Did this just happen recently?

Highlighted

Education customer here...same issue as well.  Any updates would be appreciated.

Highlighted

Ya this bit us today as well, what is going on Microsoft?

Highlighted

Broken for us Microsoft. Our teams are grinding to a halt :(

Highlighted

Microsoft? Any update? Anything? It's Wednesday and others have had issues for a number of days now. This is a pretty big deal for our team.

Highlighted

Is anyone watching these forums?  Our rollout of this product is now dead because of this missing feature.  Does anyone have any updates?  There is no notification in the Office 365 Admin Center either.  Does Microsoft know of this issue?

Highlighted

Hello? Microsoft? Any Microsoft Techs out there? Mission control can you read me?

Seriously, who do I call to get an answer on this? This is terrible and has rendered Teams less useful for our team...

If this is going to be long term we are going back to Slack.

Highlighted

Still an issue.

Highlighted

We are experiencing the same issue

Highlighted

Still broken. No reply from Microsoft yet :(

Highlighted

We are having the same issue and don't see anything on the web about it. Is anyone reading these forums?

Highlighted
Hi Ladies and Gents, hopefully have some good news. I have managed to get someone at Microsoft to push it further up the chain, they have acknowledged it is a problem and are working on a solution as we speak.
Highlighted

Yay!!! Thank you for the update! Still broken for us as of today :(

Highlighted

MS Support is having us disable video capabilities for 4 hours, then turn it back on again to try and see if it works. For anyone who wants to try along with me, give it a go. I will report back at about 4:15 PST.

Highlighted

I logged out of Teams and exited. It's working now!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Reinstall the Teams client and check

Highlighted

Not necessary to reinstall client, it is working for all my users now!

Highlighted

This is working for us too!