Conference ID stopped working on recurring meeting

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

We have a Teams meeting that has existed for a few months. It has a call in number and Conference ID associated with it and neither has changed in all this time.  The meeting organizer starts the meeting each morning from Teams on his Windows laptop.  Some remote users connect via Teams and some via phone.  Connections via Teams is fine, but when users call in with the correct call in number and Conference ID, there seems to be a disconnect between the meeting and those calling in.  Callers are told to wait for the meeting to start even though it already has.  This problem started this week and again, nothing has changed with the recurring meeting.

Thanks,

Brian

6 Replies
If the original organizer creates a new Teams meeting in outlook, is the call in number the same? These id's don't change meeting to meeting so wondering if for some reason the user got assigned a new audio conferencing number by chance or anything?
Actually I take that back, they changed that awhile back where you get new Conf. Id's per meeting. Was this setup as a single meeting? I'd imagine they have some kind of expiration on the meeting ID's since Teams meetings never close, or they would run out of meeting ID's at some point and need to add additional ID's.

@Chris Webb Thanks for your reply.  Audio conference (phone) number hasn't changed.  For each new meeting created, a new Conference ID is created.  I just tested that now.  I'm not aware of Conference ID's expiring, but if there is a rule about how long a Conference ID can persist, that would explain it.  This a recurring meeting that was set up early in the year and continues through the end of the year.  We need to have a stable and dependable Conference ID.

Yeah. I corrected myself in follow up post. I want to say there is one but maybe not. Let me see if I can find out!

Hi @nimblejoe  - we have recently been investigating expired PSTN Conferencing ID's expiring after have some failed meetings.  Microsoft post details of Teams meeting limits here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#meeting-expiration

Unfortunately there does not appear to be a method of discovering expired meetings!

I hope this helps...

Rich 

Was wondering if you ever were able to resolve this or if creating a new meeting helped. I think we have the same issue going on. A couple of folks joined a recurring meeting via audio and were talking to each other but never were joined to the audio of the actual meeting! Very strange and until I saw your post could not find this issue anywhere.