Concealed sample ratio and packets loss..

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

I have tried to understand what the "Concealed sample ratio" really is, and if that is having high number (> 7%) it should indicates of quality issues. How that impacts to call/video, that I have no idea.

But while reading the documentation from: Dimensions and measurements available in Call Quality Dashboard it have a value which is close this:

Ratio Concealed Samples Avg

Ratio of the number of audio frames with samples generated by packet loss concealment to the total number of audio frames. Values grouped by range. 0.1 indicates 10% of frames contained concealed samples.
Example value: 015: [0.01 - 0.02)

But as that speaks about the "package loss", then has anybody knowledge if this could be high without having "Maximum packet loss rate" high as well? As I do have a case where there is 0% of package loss, but still TAC reports that "Concealed sample ratio" is high.

8 Replies

Hi @Petri X  I'm going to reply to this so it moves back up to the top of the list and is visible to members - hopefully one of them can give you some answers.

Same here.

Same

Nobody found an answer to this? :(
Would be nice to have an answer :) I'm guessing with over 5,000 views, a lot of people in the Teams Admin world have similar issues/questions.

@Petri X We are facing exactly the same situation and investigating call drop issues. Surprisingly this question is still not having an answer. Apprecaite any help in this matter. Thank you

@Petri X 

I got 34.00% concealed sample ratio but 0.00% average/maximum packet loss rate. User complaining about the audio quality. Does this mean there is a chance that high concealed sample ratio triggered by others not pocket loss?

Ken_Leung_0-1700098709783.png

@Petri X 

Having the same issue, user kept getting booted of an internal teams meeting. His mic would mute itself and when he unmuted it the software would crash. 

ginette_Ando_0-1709688257292.png

this is the log of the conference,

When I dug deeper into his session the response code was 410

ginette_Ando_1-1709688317938.png

Packet loss was 0% but Concealed sample ratio is 10.53% which is high

ginette_Ando_2-1709688366296.png

the way concealed sample ratio is defined, the packet loss should be more than 0%.

He did not lose access to the internet otherwise during this incident. And this is happening to him often. He's using NEW Teams as well. 

Seems like either the log is incorrect of the software is faulty  (bug).

Its hard to troubleshoot this as it's happening to a handful of people here and there. But it is desruptive to meetings/collaboration, especially since it's happening to the speaker.

We need Microsoft to look into this.