SOLVED

Completely unable to use any account for video calls on microsoft teams.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I work as a consultant and logged in once at my old clients (client A) teams environment for a call.

I do not work with client A anymore but whenever I click "open with teams" for a video call, I get prompted to login to CLIENT A's environment, with their logo and all. I tried a million different things and have browsed this forum for a month without any success. My account i stuck in limbo.

So I tried setting up a completely new account that has nothing to do with Client A in any sort of way. Guess what, I'm still being sent to CLIENT A's login screen for teams when I click "open with teams".

So I tried reinstalling microsoft teams, to no avail... I'm still getting pushed to login to Client A's login domain. This is not a problem with ANY OTHER microsoft product, ONLY with teams.

During this entire thing I've never ever once been asked to even input a password. I simply get called to add my e-mail/login name which ofc gets rejected because I'm not working with Client A again.

Please, help me sort this out so I can continue working and not always have to login as an anonymous user with no functionality and ability to gain permissions.

8 Replies

@mblizz 

If you don't have your own M365 tenant and teams, I don't see what you would log in to though? In that case you ought to be an 'anonymous' guest in meetings. If you had your own environment then your account would be homed there.

So I have my consultancy firms team but also my new clients teams environment.
I cannot log in to any of them with the teams software.

@Steven Collier also, if I'm a completely new user in Microsoft Teams, why should I be directed into a specific company's login portal? That seems very weird to me. I wouldn't want to be directed into Price Waterhouse Coopers login portal if I'm working for IBM and just started a new account.

best response confirmed by mblizz (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Have you removed yourself from the old clients tenant? Also, uninstall, remove all cache and folders left!

https://commsverse.blog/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/amp/

Install again!

Also clear credentials on your machine and web cache

@adam deltinger I have asked them to remove me completely and since I'm not longer working with them it's really impossible to confirm if this has been done appropriately or not.

However, even if I start a new account, I'm still bound to their login portal. This should not happen.

I checked out your link, but I'm on Mac so unfortunately I cannot go through those steps :(

All cache is cleared from my browser which allows me to visit calls as anonymous.

Tried re-installing 5 times over this past month if not more.

Thanks for your reply,

regards

@adam deltinger I removed all appdata etc from the corresponding Mac location and it worked!

I can now use the product again! I cannot believe this isn't anywhere even remotely discussed when searching for login problems.

Thank you for the help, clearing all the appdata is what was needed. It's to be honest really weird that the software decides to permanently save the login portal through re-installs and not give you any GUI option to change that.

I’m happy it worked out for you!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mblizz (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Have you removed yourself from the old clients tenant? Also, uninstall, remove all cache and folders left!

https://commsverse.blog/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/amp/

Install again!

Also clear credentials on your machine and web cache

View solution in original post