Cloud Storage OR Document Library tab for showing a SharePoint document library inside multiple te

Steel Contributor

We have a SharePoint document library which act as a repository for our documents, and each main folder inside the document library is shared with one or more Office 365 groups (hence with one or more MS Teams). now we want to show the document library inside the MS Teams. i found i can do this using the following 2 approaches:

1)Add the document library as a Cloud Storage

2) Or add the document library using the Document Library tab.

so i am not sure when we should use these 2 options? and which one is more suitable for our case?

Second question, will any of these options affect the document library permission? for example it will add the MS Teams members inside the SharePoint document library (i hope not)? or those 2 approaches will not touch the document library permissions? Thanks

1 Reply

@john john

Which one you choose here is a matter of how you want it and what you prefer. As a visible tab in the channel or within the actual files tab.

No, Adding this library won't alter any permissions in the library. If members of the team don't have any permissions on the library you add, they won't be granted anything either

Adam