SOLVED

Chats and privacy.

Steel Contributor

Hi,

I tried to search for this, could not find any good descriptions. 

If I have a chat with one or more colleagues. Will othe people find information abou that chat shen they  search on Teams? 

- See it if they search for my name

- Se it if they show activity list (about me)

- Documents shared in the chat.

Or is the above information only available for the participants in that chat?

Best regards

- Geir

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Geir Hogstad (Steel Contributor)
Solution

From one of the other posts:

The Chat tab is for private messages between users and cannot be accessed by anyone else, other than those involved in the chat. You can also turn off the ability for people to privately chat (but it sounds like you want to keep this on)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/enable-features-office-365?redirectSourcePath=%252fe...

@Geir Hogstad Hello Geir, No, they will not. It's only available for members of the chat/conversation. What is good to know is if an author deletes a message it can be restored from the current view for a short period. Then it's permanently deleted. Be conscious though as administrators always can access information (but probably violate your organizations regulations etc.) and deleted messages can be restored if compliance is enabled.

*edit* Didn't see the above post when replying. But you did get some supplementary info though ;)

Thank you @RituRajSingh for the quick responce.

And Yes, I would like to have that turned on. But good to know there is an option,

- Geir

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Geir Hogstad (Steel Contributor)
Solution

From one of the other posts:

The Chat tab is for private messages between users and cannot be accessed by anyone else, other than those involved in the chat. You can also turn off the ability for people to privately chat (but it sounds like you want to keep this on)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/enable-features-office-365?redirectSourcePath=%252fe...

View solution in original post