Chat with participants - Teams Meeting

Brass Contributor

I am not able to find the "chat with participants" option in a Teams meeting. I went to Calendar, created a meeting with one other participant. Prior to the start of the meeting, I accessed the meeting from the calendar and DO NOT see the option to create meeting notes, nor the option that says "chat with participants". The only way I could get "pre-meeting notes" is to join the meeting, click ... to select Show Meeting Notes option, start typing in the meeting notes, and then ending the meeting. When I revisit the meeting invite and click the chat tab, I now see the meeting notes, however, I also see that the meeting started and ended with the notes displayed between the two messages. This is not desirable. My hope was to create a meeting, start meeting notes inserting the agenda bullet points, and have this ready BEFORE the meeting starts without actually having to join the meeting. We are GCC clients. Is this not available to us?

2 Replies
You should see the chat and meeting notes tab up on the top? Do you have a screenshot?

@adam deltinger Chat is available, Meeting Notes is not. The only way for meeting notes availability is to join the meeting. That is not desireable as it leaves a bread crumb that the meeting was started and ended in the chat history. I am guessing this is a GCC challenge?