SOLVED

Chat video calls working - meetings in team channels not?!

Copper Contributor

I have a member of staff that is struggling to join team meetings from her Windows laptop client. this only started last week.

When she joins the meeting (meeting is setup in the posts tab) it connects and then hangs up after a few seconds, prompting to retry.

1. We have tested video calls in the 1-2-1 chats and they work without issue
  2. We have reinstalled teams on her device just as a matter of course.

Anyone else had this issue? We have around 800 users on teams and this is the only reported issue.

5 Replies

@CartyUK the network route is very different between a 1:1 call and a meeting, something related to firewalls etc maybe?

Have she tried connecting through the web client?
Also other from uninstalling, have your logged out from the client and back again?

Can she log in to another computer and connect to the meeting from there?

ok - so a bit more troubleshooting

We use .1x for our network firewall settings and the network is identical to my account.

User logged into a working device - does not work when logged in as their account.

I logged into users device - worked as under my login

- assumed not a hardware failure 

User logged into iOS app - This works!

- assumed not an issue with their 365 account.

this leaves us with a broken windows client, running on Windows 10 - when using their login credentials

best response confirmed by CartyUK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Fixed!

I ended up finding another post that was very similar and talked about clearing files / folders from the teams app data folder:

-      From ‘Application Cache’, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache”

-     From ‘Blob_storage’, delete any files that are located in here if any. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage”

-     Within ‘Cache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache”

-     Within ‘databases’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases”

-      Within ‘GPUCache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache”

-      Within ‘IndexedDB’, delete the .db file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB”

-      Within ‘Local Storage’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage”

-      Lastly, from ‘tmp’, delete any file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp”

I closed teams, completed the above actions, opened teams and all was fixed.

I hope this helps others in the future.

Thank you all for your help

Paul

Hi @CartyUK 

If none of the suggestion works then you may need to look at implementing or re-configuring QoS for Audio/Video/App Sharing as mentioned in below article. We had similar issue and got it fixed through updating our GPO to include QoS for Teams.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CartyUK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Fixed!

I ended up finding another post that was very similar and talked about clearing files / folders from the teams app data folder:

-      From ‘Application Cache’, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache”

-     From ‘Blob_storage’, delete any files that are located in here if any. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage”

-     Within ‘Cache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache”

-     Within ‘databases’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases”

-      Within ‘GPUCache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache”

-      Within ‘IndexedDB’, delete the .db file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB”

-      Within ‘Local Storage’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage”

-      Lastly, from ‘tmp’, delete any file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp”

I closed teams, completed the above actions, opened teams and all was fixed.

I hope this helps others in the future.

Thank you all for your help

Paul

View solution in original post