SOLVED

Chat notification from a different tenant

Bronze Contributor

I have multiple tenants associated with my MS Teams (running as a Windows App if that matters).  Is there any way to get a notification banner from another tenant when someone starts to chat with me if I am not currently in that tenant?

So if I have TenantA and TenantB associated with my Teams app, if I am in TenantA and someone from TenantB starts a chat with me, how would I know about it?

Thanks

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Gary Bushey (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
This experience is lacking currently! You can see that there is notifications up in the change tenant option, but as said the experience is not always working correctly and it’s easy to miss conversations in other tenants! If you want to Make sure to keep, login to that tenant in a separate browser and turn on notifications..

Adam

@adam deltinger That is exactly what I am doing now, I was just hoping for a better answer :)

Hi, I have same problem too ... or WE have same problem too. Use UserVoice to change it :)

Vote: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40266004-notification-multi-te...

@Gary Bushey 

Hi Gary, i have the same struggle. Hope that Microsoft comes soon with a solution.

For the moment i have a workaround solution: https://meetfranz.com/de/ 

Hope that this can help. Have fun.

@adam deltinger 

Yeah, that's all fun and games until you (like me) are a member in >20 external organizations with daily dialogue in the majority.

This is currently causing us huge quality problems our customer engagements as advisory consultants.

Shared channels will definitely help here..
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gary Bushey (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
This experience is lacking currently! You can see that there is notifications up in the change tenant option, but as said the experience is not always working correctly and it’s easy to miss conversations in other tenants! If you want to Make sure to keep, login to that tenant in a separate browser and turn on notifications..

Adam

View solution in original post