SOLVED

Chat list only visible when hovering

Copper Contributor

Not sure if this is an update or if i clicked something. I typically work with teams occupying half of one of my screens while working and can see my list of chats open. Necessary as i have a large team that all may be communicating at similar times.

As of yesterday, The list of Teams chats are only visible when i hover over "chat". Any fixes?

12 Replies
Hi!
Sounds like a cache issue or something! Have you tried doing a logout and logging back in?

Adam
Hi! Yes I've logged in and out a couple of times, and did a shut down of the computer as well.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
The best solution I've found is to expand the window's width a little until the chat pane is locked open. I believe it hides the chat list dynamically when the width of the teams window is too small.

Hope this helps!

I'm wondering if anyone else has solutions. I'm on a laptop and can not make the window any larger. 

@ahernandez575  I know you probably have fixed this but it was driving me crazy so replying JIC someone else has the issue.  If you hit CTRL - it should zoom you out and fix the issue.  I guess I had zoomed too far in and CHAT was only available on hover which was annoying.  Couldn't resize like prior user suggested but CTRL - did the trick.

Hover over the Chat icon and then Ctrl + Scroll worked for me!
this worked for me too! thank you

Thank you ! This worked. Funny that for such a small thing i spent 30min. to search in setting and here i come and apply your solutions and it works ! Haha. @LouDreamer 

Sweet! Thank you. Easy fix.
This! The solution for me was just click on "restore" and then "maximize" on the window's title bar. Then sidebar became pinned back again.
Clearing MS Teams cache helped me resolve the issue.

To clear MS Teams Cache:

1. Fully close Microsoft Teams – Right click the teams icon in the system tray (near the clock) and click Quit.
2. While holding down the Windows key, press R – this will open the Windows Run box.
3. Copy and paste this into the Run box: %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams
4. Delete everything in the folder
5. Restart the computer, and relaunch Teams – it will ask you to sign in – as if for the first time.
This will remove all the Teams Add-ons, web cache, icons, thumbnails, local message history, and display images.

@karkipramesh 

Hi, I did exactly as in description but still can't see all the chat list. Is there other way to resolve this issue? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
The best solution I've found is to expand the window's width a little until the chat pane is locked open. I believe it hides the chat list dynamically when the width of the teams window is too small.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post