SOLVED

Channels not showing up in New Meeting under Calendar

Copper Contributor

Hi - I added 7 channels to my Team. When you go to Calendar —> New Meeting, when I try to add the channel, only the main channel show up there. How do I get the other channels to show up there? It seems like it should do it by default but it's not. 

8 Replies
Hi @Mikkif8,

Could be related to the issues we've seen today through the following ongoing issue

TM206992, Microsoft Teams, Last updated: March 19, 2020 2:32 PM
Start time: March 19, 2020 12:19 PM

Title: Can't perform specific actions in Microsoft Teams User Impact: Users may be unable to perform specific actions in Microsoft Teams. More info: Users may also be unable to: -Sign in -Create new teams or channels. -Send messages -Reply to channel threads Users may also experience a delay in user's presence status. Current status: We've identified that various requests are not being handled as expected, resulting in impact. We're analyzing request traffic to determine the next troubleshooting steps. Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event, and impact is specific to users who are served through the affected infrastructure in Europe. Next update by: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 4:30 PM (3:30 PM UTC).

I would recommend periodically checking this for the next few days. Should show up once remediated.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

Great - I'll keep checking over the next few days. Otherwise, Teams seems to be working well. @Christopher Hoard 

best response confirmed by Mikkif8 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Solution: private channels do not show up when scheduling a meeting because you cannot schedule meetings in private channels - that is a current limitation along with adding certain apps like planner. This is under review per the uservoice here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599053-schools-and-universities/suggestions/39112060-abi...

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

Thanks - appreciate the update!

@Christopher Hoard I created public channels for my organization to use.  I was hoping I could create invitations for whole groups of people by typing the Channel name.  Isn't that how it's supposed to work?  Well, when I type a Channel name, Teams reports, "No results found. Check spelling or try another name."

Another problem.  I created an meeting and included an alternate email for myself.  The meeting invitation did not ask me to "Send" or anything, so I thought I was good.  The meeting appears in my Teams calendar, but never appeared in my Outlook calendar.  I checked my alternate address, and I did receive an invitation there and an appointment in my calendar in the alternate address system.

This limitation essentially makes using private channels too limited to use. One of the main reasons I use team channels is to not have separate teams meetings and use the channel to have the meetings.

@Christopher Hoard Yes, this should be allowed!  It's gravely annoying that they do not allow this feature!  Or, they could just make it optional so those who want to avail of this can activate it while those who don't want it doesn't affect them.

@Christopher Hoard I appreciate I'm coming to this conversation 3 years on - the link above gave me an error.  I have a related issue but haven't been able to find answer elsewhere (yet). When I open a new invite in Outlook Calendar, and select Teams meeting, the option to select a Channel does not appear. I would love this option so that the appointment (and recording) automatically appear in the Channel.

I would also love it if I could invite everyone in a Channel, without having to add each name separately.  I have tried scheduling the meeting from the Channel in Teams and using the email for the channel in Outlook but then you can't see people's free time.  I can log as separate query if that helps.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mikkif8 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Solution: private channels do not show up when scheduling a meeting because you cannot schedule meetings in private channels - that is a current limitation along with adding certain apps like planner. This is under review per the uservoice here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599053-schools-and-universities/suggestions/39112060-abi...

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post