Channels aren't notifying

Copper Contributor

Hi guys,

We have a problem that Microsoft Teams aren't notifying messages correctly for users who have recently been added to the channel.

If we create a channel and activate notifications correctly and after we start talking to the channel, all notifications will be sent correctly. But if after we have posted a message in the group I add a new person, that person will not receive notifications even if he is correctly enabled to receive notifications. This behavior happens with any channel and any user.

IMPORTANT: Notification settings are enabled correctly, both channel and user notifications.

Anyone else having the same problem? Have a solution or alternative?

Thanks.

6 Replies
In what way do you mean you have activated notifications? These are per user basis (channels)

@adam deltinger doesn't show on feed or shows up the banner.

Look at the pics, please.

Are these set these in the new users clients as well?

@adam deltinger Yes, are configured too.

I have same problem that the @matheusmafioletti 

A) Create a channel, send a message on that channel and just after the team enable notifications for it. When I send one message on the channel, the pop up doesn't show up for them.

B) Create a channel, nobody send any message on that channel, and the team enable notifications, after I send the first message on the channel, the pop up shows up normally.

By the moment its ok, but, when if I add new people on the channel, they will not receive the pop up

We are having the same problem with many of our users.  the banners and emails and notifications aren't working properly for several of them.

I have verified their settings are correct.