Channel retention delete on Meet now

Iron Contributor

Does ad-hoc meetings generated via Meet Now button get delete when a delete retention policy is applied after certain number of days? I do not see this happening, all my scheduled meetings for a channel are getting deleted including the chat but not the ad-hoc meetings.

I appreciate some guidance or knowledge on this.

@adam deltinger 

4 Replies

Hi,

Retentions policies can do the following:

• Retain Teams chats and/or channel messages for a specified duration and then do nothing.
  • Retain Teams chats and/or channel messages for a specified duration and then delete the data.
  • Delete Teams chats and/or channel messages after a specified duration.

So all chat messages in a channel for both ad-hoc meetings and scheduled meetings should be removed. Since the retention is running in cycles with some delay it could take up to 7 days extra, so if you have a retention to delete messages after 30 days, it could take up to 37 days until they are deleted.

Retention policies in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

@Linus Cansby- Thanks

What about the meeting post? I see the scheduled meeting posts getting removed, however the meet now posts are not getting removed, some of the posts were created before the scheduled meeting posts. 

@Sai Gutta I don't have any answer for that and have not tested it. What I can see is that a scheduled meeting is posted by the person that schedules the meeting and for the ad-hoc meeting the conversation in the channel is started by the meeting.

So for the ad-hoc meeting no chat messages are removed, or are they removed but the meeting is kept? Then I would guess that it is just because the ad-hoc meeting conversation does not start with a regular chat message post.

@Linus Cansby -  Ad-hoc meeting chat messages are removed but the meeting is kept.