Channel Owner can't see channel members

Brass Contributor

We have a private team, "Projects".  The Team has one owner - let's call him "Bob".

Bob has created a shared channel within Team "Projects" - let's call it, "This year's project"

Bob is the owner of the channel.  Bob added 9 members to the channel, including me, who are not members of the Team

Bob can see he owns the Team and can see, correctly, there are no other members of the Team

When Bob clicks on Manage Channel, it shows him as owner but says there are (0) members. 

I, and all the other Team members I have spoken too, can all see a list of all the owners (just Bob) and members of the channel (9 different people).

Bob created the Channel yesterday.  Any changes to the members of the channel show up to me and others immediately.  Bob still cannot see any members he has added to the channel

Bob added me again as an Owner.  He could see I was an owner.  Manage Channel now told him he has (-1) members.  He demoted my Owner record back to member.  I disappeared off his list and the number of members went back to (0)

Any ideas?

3 Replies
OK - reinstall didn't work. Uninstall and reinstall fixed it
I've seen this lately a few times if I add the users through Teams desktop and not through the Teams Admin Center console. I create and own most of the teams for my organization, so I'm always in there adding and removing members. Most of the time I can see everyone I added right away, but sometimes it shows me Owners, but members show as 0. When this happens other can see the channel's members list and if I try to "re-add" someone to the Team it balks because they're already members, I just can't see them. I've found I just have to wait and come back to it later in the day and they all miraculously appear. :)
Hi Susan,
Was only on Teams desktop and only for one user. Even that user could see the members when they opened Teams in web.
Uninstall and reinstall of desktop Teams does seem to have fixed
Guy