SOLVED

Channel Meeting Restriction

Copper Contributor

We have a all company Team with a few channels. Over the past couple of days there have been a few users that have created a meeting invite from 2 of the channels. Is there a way to restrict users from creating a meeting from a channel? I don't want a global restriction, just at a Team level.

6 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

It's a per-user setting, not per-team. If that works for you, you can adjust the corresponding "Allow channel meeting scheduling" toggle in the Meeting policy assigned to said user(s).

@Vasil Michev  That would prevent the user from creating meetings within any Team/channel their a member of correct? 

Yes, that's correct.

Aren't all the MS Uservoices being closed this year? Where should we go to submit and/or upvote these features going forward. Would we use this thread?
The link from @MaryHill didn't take me directly to the new Feedback Portal entry and I couldn't find it in search, so I created a new one. My use case was specifically around Organization-wide teams where you don't want people accidentally adding a channel to a Teams meeting.
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/03d2cb41-1773-ec11-a81b-6045bd7bf64c
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

It's a per-user setting, not per-team. If that works for you, you can adjust the corresponding "Allow channel meeting scheduling" toggle in the Meeting policy assigned to said user(s).

View solution in original post