SOLVED

Channel Calendar only show for certain members

Copper Contributor

We are slowly getting our organization ready for a full Teams rollout. 

We moved a few of our users to Exchange Online in a hybrid mode.

We created a new public Team in 365 Admin

In that Team we added a channel calendar to the General Tab.

One user cannot see the Calendar. And gets a "You don't have permission to use this app" when clicking on the link in the Post about adding the calendar.

We have checked App permissions, licensing, cleared Teams cache, etc. and are stumped.

Any advice or suggestion will be greatly appreciated

2 Replies
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello Dennis,
Calendar app in MS Teams is connected to user's mailbox. Make sure the mailbox was provisioned successfully otherwise user won't be able to access the calendar in Teams.

@johnortiz I'm having this problem.  Someone set up calendar in the channel and I get the error "You don't have permission to use this app." at the top of the screen when I click the post announcing the creation of the channel calendar.  Also, I don't see the tab for the calendar.  I know my email is set up correctly.  For example, if I use my own Team and add a calendar to that, then when I create an event in that channel calendar, the event appears in my Outlook calendar with the channel as the organizer of the event.  So Teams knows how to access my outlook calendar.  The problem is something else.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello Dennis,
Calendar app in MS Teams is connected to user's mailbox. Make sure the mailbox was provisioned successfully otherwise user won't be able to access the calendar in Teams.

View solution in original post