SOLVED

Changing the organiser of a Teams Meeting

Brass Contributor

At the moment as the organiser you can dial in external colleagues (participants), when they are unable to join via MS Teams and add via e-mail address within the meeting. If you are booking a meeting on behalf of someone else (and not attending), are there any plans to allow the Organiser to be changed, so the chair for example has the ability to add further participants (external), along with all the other functionality the organiser has during a meeting? Thank you.

31 Replies

Hello @Traceycprc 

I found this article that may address this particular issue for you.  https://myteamsday.com/2019/12/03/teams-meetings-organizers-presenters-and-attendees/

Please let me know if that helps.

It does not address how to change organizer.
And now with group rooms, more than ever we need to be able to shift Organizer!

Agreed the ability to change organiser / have two or more especially when team teaching or co-hosting a training meeting would be really useful @Wolfseraph 

@Wolfseraph I absolutely agree, now that we can have different breakout rooms, that is fab, but please Microsoft, can you let us have the ability to delegate the Organiser role. Thank you microsoft.

We really need this too.
We use Teams to run training sessions for external customers. The sessions are diarised by a team coordinator, who never attend or deliver the sessions. The session is delivered by one or more trainers, who need to operate the Breakout Rooms. When the trainer changes (because they're unavailable, unwell etc) the team coordinator needs to be able to change the trainer with no disruption to our customers. Pretty please!
And yes, have upvoted on User Voice :D
What is the status on this?

@dcumin39 Hi, scheduled release is currently November Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

Thanks!
GA: November 2021, it doesn't work to change the meeting organizer, but better than none...

@Peter2wxin do you have any idea if it is in the road to add this option ?

best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

@PatrickP2021 The co-org. meeting role is about to rollout. You have the roadmap id above.

This is what to expect.

Co-organizers will be displayed as additional organizers on the meeting roster, and they will have most of the capabilities of an organizer in the meeting.

Co-organizers can do the following:

• Access and change meeting options
  • Bypass the lobby
  • Admit people from the lobby during a meeting
  • Lock the meeting
  • Present content
  • Change another participant’s meeting role
  • End the meeting for all

Co-organizers cannot do the following:

• Create & manage breakout rooms
  • View & download attendance reports
  • Manage the meeting recording
  • Edit the meeting invitation
  • Remove or change the Organizer role

@ChristianJBergstrom Tx for the info and looking foward to test it. Need to know if I really can transfert the organiser role to someone else. I am working a the legal industry and this option is really needed. We still use Webex because it is possible within. :(

The whole point was a need to manage breakout rooms! When will this come??

@Wolfseraph Hello, already launched and GA (General Availability)

Breakout Room Presenter support

The main reason this is needed is so that the original organizer can take this event off their calendar without canceling the meeting for the entire team. For example if I go on vacation I cannot take myself off the standup meeting for 2 weeks. This means I get reminders on my phone during that entire period. If I could stop receiving notifications during my vacation that would work too, but not seeing the event on the calendar would be better. This worked flawlessly when we were on gsuite.

@dcumin39 Might be better to schedule a channel meeting in those cases, then the event for your group will be created in the calendar that belongs to the Teams instead of your calendar. 

@ChristianJBergstrom no you can not create a meating and set someone else as organiser, and you can not have anyone but the organiser go between breakoutrooms, and olny one person can be organiser. 

Or has that been fixed? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

@PatrickP2021 The co-org. meeting role is about to rollout. You have the roadmap id above.

This is what to expect.

Co-organizers will be displayed as additional organizers on the meeting roster, and they will have most of the capabilities of an organizer in the meeting.

Co-organizers can do the following:

• Access and change meeting options
  • Bypass the lobby
  • Admit people from the lobby during a meeting
  • Lock the meeting
  • Present content
  • Change another participant’s meeting role
  • End the meeting for all

Co-organizers cannot do the following:

• Create & manage breakout rooms
  • View & download attendance reports
  • Manage the meeting recording