SOLVED

Changing from Teams free to the paid version

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

when I change from Microsoft Teams free to one of the paid versions: is it possible for me to choose, if the currently existing team members become guests or paid members?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @WilliTWRK 

Unfortunately you cannot migrate the Teams from the Free Version to Paid Version. You will have to do the complete new set up of the Teams Paid Services.

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi@RealTime_M365,

these are sad news to read. Does there exist a possibility to export the data from the old and import them in the new Microsoft Teams?

Best regards
WilliTWRK

Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Hi, Just came across this thread and it is possible to move from Free to Full Teams without having to start again. The details are here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/upgrade-freemium

@Dan Fernandez Cao 

I don't think that's correct. In my organisation we already have MS 365 subscription, but during the pandemic someone also signed up for Teams Free (classic), which is what we have been using. So now, we would like to take our Teams Free (classic) data, and move it into our existing MS 365 version, but this does not appear to be possible.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @WilliTWRK 

Unfortunately you cannot migrate the Teams from the Free Version to Paid Version. You will have to do the complete new set up of the Teams Paid Services.

With Regards,

Satish U

View solution in original post