SOLVED

Change profile picture

Copper Contributor

When i try to change my profile picture on teams it says 'unable to change because of policy'. I don't understand why I cannot change the picture, and I would really like to remove it. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
It’s probably set by the OWA policy in Exchange! Talk to the administrator

From: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact

“Teams honors the Outlook on the web mailbox policy setting that's configured by tenant admins to control whether users can change their profile picture. If the -SetPhotoEnabled setting is turned off in the policy, users can't add, change, or remove their profile picture. For example, if a user uploads a profile picture that's approved by your organization's IT or HR department, no action is needed. However, if a user uploads a picture that's inappropriate, change the picture according to your organization's internal policies”

Adam

@adam deltinger I tried, but I couldn’t find any way to contact my IT admin.. I’m not used to this, and I’m pretty young so I don’t know much about this. How can I contact my IT admin? I clicked on the link and haven’t find anything that can help me get to them. 
I really want to change my profile picture, but it just won’t let me.. all my classmates can but for some reason it won’t let me change it myself. I need help please :(

Also, i never uploaded any inappropriate content. so I’m not sure what the problem is.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
It’s probably set by the OWA policy in Exchange! Talk to the administrator

From: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact

“Teams honors the Outlook on the web mailbox policy setting that's configured by tenant admins to control whether users can change their profile picture. If the -SetPhotoEnabled setting is turned off in the policy, users can't add, change, or remove their profile picture. For example, if a user uploads a profile picture that's approved by your organization's IT or HR department, no action is needed. However, if a user uploads a picture that's inappropriate, change the picture according to your organization's internal policies”

Adam

View solution in original post