SOLVED

Change owner of meeting when user has left

Copper Contributor

Hi!

Is it possible to change the owner of a series of regular Teams meetings when the owner has already left the company so that they can be allowed to edit time etc.?

Thanks!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by RMD2021 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello, not out of the box. At least not yet, but soon there will be a welcomed feature for these scenarios in which I hope it can be resolved from the user perspective.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ww/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=81391

So for now you need to reach out the IT admin who can add permissions on the said users mailbox (if it's still there) and remove them so another organizer can reschedule.

Let me also add that the same procedure can be used if it's a group mailbox involved.

@RMD2021 

Yet another BASIC feature that we've been waiting on for at least 2 years. When is Microsoft going to get its act together? We have the same issue with an employee that left. As GA, I can get full access to his mailbox, but I still don't have the ability to edit the owner. C'mon, folks. Let's start making this easier for admins to do our jobs. 

>Let's start making this easier for admins to do our jobs.

Ha, good joke.
This is an obvious requirement. The only reason to use a Teams Channel to create meetings is to ensure that everybody has access to the meeting and channel owners can make changes, regardless of any changes to staffing, etc. Surely the Team or Channel should be the meeting organiser, not the poor schmuck who happened to create it in Teams.

@RMD2021 

Just ran into an issue like this today. Unfortunately the only option now is to have the new person recreate the meetings so they become the owner/organizer for the meeting.

There are some limitations to the co-organizer role.
They will not be able to:

• Alter the meeting itself like deleting or changing it.
  • Remove or change the meeting organizer role
  • Manage the recording
  • Access the meeting attendance report

The link to this info can be found in the Microsoft Teams Community Blog 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RMD2021 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello, not out of the box. At least not yet, but soon there will be a welcomed feature for these scenarios in which I hope it can be resolved from the user perspective.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ww/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=81391

So for now you need to reach out the IT admin who can add permissions on the said users mailbox (if it's still there) and remove them so another organizer can reschedule.

Let me also add that the same procedure can be used if it's a group mailbox involved.

View solution in original post