Cant pop out meetings from teams chat

Copper Contributor

We can no longer have a team meeting/ call separate from the main Teams. 

If I need to go to my chats, the meeting will reduce to a small box so I cant view teams chats and the meeting at the same time. 

I also don't have the option to see all attendees cameras while someone or myself is presenting.

This "update" makes it extremely difficult to do our job now as we often need to have teams chats open and the meeting on another screen. 

Is there ANY way around this? I went through all settings and did not find anything to have everything show the original way. 

Below are the only options we now have in teams. 

9akelly_0-1659364807069.png

9akelly_1-1659364811951.png

Below is an example of what I see if I click into Teams while in a meeting. 

9akelly_2-1659364855392.png

22 Replies
Thanks for the update. It may vary based on your local system and organizational settings. I don't really know the cause. I just know that on one of my workstations, screen-sharing pop-outs didn't work in 1.5.00.28567, or anything newer than 1.5.00.8070. The other workstation had no issue regardless of version. You may have to experiment based on your local machine...

Wish Microsoft would fix this problem...

@Steven Collier  is there a workaround for this issue when using a vdi or is that going to be a no go? 

@jtgwin There is lots of work happening for VDI use of the new Teams client which is currently in Public Preview, I don't know about if this specifically is changing but it would seem likely to me. Keep an eye out for VDI changes announced when that new client goes to general usage.