Cannot use Teams in desktop Application

Copper Contributor
  • I started using Teams (free version) with my Microsoft account.
  • Then I used Teams in Trial version of Office 365 Premium addition for a month with same Microsoft account.
  • After expiry of trial version I switched back to free version Teams with same account.
  • Now I cannot use Teams desktop application with this account. When I login with this account it says “We're switching you to your other account. It'll just take a moment...” , takes ages and after that it don’t show my teams.
  • I can still use Teams in browser, and in mobile application with the same Microsoft account without any problem.
  • How to solve this issue in Teams desktop application?
3 Replies
Did you try to uninstall the App?
Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no success. I am surprised why this problem only in desktop app?

@faraz01anwar We been plagued by this issue for months and months.

When our users clicks a Teams online meeting link, they are presented with three options:

1. Download the Desktop App

2. Use a browser

3. Use the Teams App

1 and 3 are the exact same, and will either issue a blank white screen OR an error message stating that you can't join but you can try to log out. Whatever you do to reset/reinstall you end up the same place.

However, if you choose option 2, you get into the meeting (after typing you name). This works every time. Only downside to this, is there is no multi-camera view.

I have lost all hope and faith in Teams, and can only recommend anyone with this issue to use something else.