SOLVED

Cannot fetch Calendar with Microsoft Teams Rooms Basic

Copper Contributor

I've tried Microsoft Teams Rooms Basic license with Logitech TAP, however it shows "Cannot fetch Calendar" on Logitech TAP. Is it because this is free license and MS has cut down that feature? 

I couldn't find any info related to this issue.

7 Replies
Hi,

There is no such limitation with Basic license, I actually tested it myself now on a MTR to make sure. So in your case I guess it is some connection issue.

@Tim_Nguyen1125 I would suggest that you check that you have modern authentication enabled and selected when trying to sign in on the MTR account. This is the first thing that comes to mind for me when this cannot fetch calendar occurs.

@CANDEman Modern Authentication mode is disappear so I think this is limitation of free license.
I don't have the option to turn/on off Modern Authentication, but it works with Modern Authentication so the limitation in the free license is to turn off Modern Auth.

@Linus Cansby I have the same issue, did you just assisgn an Exchange Online license or go Teams Pro?

@Buzz_Bombers Just the basic license.

LinusCansby_0-1670310248515.pngLinusCansby_1-1670310275183.png

And the room is added as a Room resource account in Exchange

LinusCansby_2-1670310424489.png

best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

@Linus Cansby After implementing your recommendation I had to also use modern auth due to basic auth being disabled as part of Azure secuity defaults, thanks!

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/OfficeDocs-Support/blob/public/Teams/teams-rooms-and-devices/mtr-de...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

@Linus Cansby After implementing your recommendation I had to also use modern auth due to basic auth being disabled as part of Azure secuity defaults, thanks!

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/OfficeDocs-Support/blob/public/Teams/teams-rooms-and-devices/mtr-de...

View solution in original post