Cannot disable Chat in meetings

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We are setting up a meeting, where we send the link to outside users, and the goal is to have them joining the meeting, by typing their name and after someone admits them to the meeting we do not want them to be able to use the chat. However we are not able to do this, since this user continues to be able to use the chat.

For guest access we already disabled the chat. For users in this tenant, we activated the policy to disble also the chat, and that is working. 

But for outside users, that do not sign in, use a office 365 account from other tenant, this continues active. 

For what I have been reasearching this should actually be the oposite and this type of users should not be able by default to use the chat.

Anyone as ever seen this?

Rgs,

RM

8 Replies

@Ricardo Mendes Hello! You've checked this as well?

allowchatinmeetings.PNG

Hi,
Yes, in my setup that is disable. But that only will applies to the internal users to the tenant. And that is working for those users. You can see it in attach printscreen2. The issue is with the anonymus users that by default should not have the chat as I saw in several other posts, but in my case they have.
Thanks

@Ricardo Mendes The 'Allow chat in meetings' is a per-organizer policy. Have you verified the meeting organizers assigned policy?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams#meeting-policy-settings---...

-MeetingChatEnabledType

'Specify if users will be able to chat in meetings. Possible values are: Disabled, Enabled.'

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csteamsmeetingpolicy?view=skype-ps

yep. the policy is applied to the meeting organizer and to all the presenters for that meeting. And none of them can use the chat.

@Ricardo Mendes Do you mean that the anon/external users in these meetings are actually using the chat and are sending chats to other people? May I see a screenshot of that?

yes they are. you can see that in the printscreens that I have attatch to this post. the printscreen2.png shows a print from the meeting organizer. on that we cannot use the chat, but he can see the post that a anon/external users did.

@Ricardo Mendes Must be a bug? Would you mind opening a support ticket with MS and let me know the outcome?

the case is already opened and waiting for MS feedback. Just wanted to get more info from the community, also because this setup would be used for today and during the weekend meetings. I will post the feddback