SOLVED

Cannot delete a post in channel in teams

Valued Contributor

Hello Teams Community,

Please i need your help on this issue.

A user cannot delete a specific post in a channel on Teams, she has access to delete all other posts but not this specific one.

I added myself as an owner of the team and can replicate the issue. The 3 dots doesn't appear for the post.

5 Replies

@IBN 

Is it a post as in a standard message, or is it something like a Poll generated by the Forms app? Because these latter ones cannot be removed. 

Can you confirm?

I would also assume these are enabled in the messaging policy?

ChristopherHoard_0-1654081592610.png

Best, Chris

Is it the same from teams on the web?
some times it happens you can also contact to help desk for further assistance you can also check with google meets.

Hello @Christopher Hoard 

Thank you for your reply. 

The same issue applies to both the Desktop and web client. As far as I know, it is a standard post, the screenshot is attached, and yes the policy those options are enabled in the policy.

The post in question is the one that is posted by Hannah the post above has the 3 dot option

IBN_0-1654171375645.png

best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Ok, and the 3 dots for more options do not appear at all?

I would

1.) See if you can delete it on mobile, if the desktop and web are not working
2.) If it doesn't appear anywhere see if you can capture the message in a content search and e-discovery and try to delete it that way
3.) If they don't work, then open a ticket to Microsoft Support and they can investigate the reasons why it can't be modified.

All the best, Chris