SOLVED

Cannot create another Teams Free Org after deleting old one (got forwarded to Azure, now here)

Copper Contributor

Dear Teams Community,

after couple of checks was forwarded to Azure forum. (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteams_other/cannot-create-another-teams-free-org...), now here (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1911ced-ad3e-4213-b27c-506f26b42aee/cannot-create-an...)

Microsoft offers now Teams Free, so I signed up for it, and then instead of renaming, deleted it to create a new one (found renaming solution too late). The FAQ of Free Teams says - you can create another Free Teams org as soon as you left (deleted) the old one. But in my case I get an error "Something went wrong". The other colleagues say, there is some issue in Azure, Azure forwarded to you.

It seems I am not the only one like that - several same questions, but no solution so far.

Can you please check and suggest the solution (hopefully without forwarding...)?

Thank you in advance,

Konstantin

8 Replies

I have the same issue without solution yet **bleep** you MS.

@KTKT_863 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@amenizi Well, I have to agree on this one apart from the **bleep** as there are so many affected by this. Meaning, they have created a Teams free org. with a personal Microsoft account. Then deleted the org. following the steps here Delete your Teams free org. Even though waiting several days it seems as only a few can reuse their personal address when signing up for Teams free again. And there just isn't any proper answer to why this is only happening to a few, or how to resolve it, other than signing up/creating a new Teams free org. with a new email address. I do not have the issue myself but would appreciate a more user-friendly approach in terms of information here Teams free support 

Hi, bec064!

I actually deleted the Teams as described (subscriptions, etc) but still have this problem.

@KTKT_863 I understand. As you can see if you read my reply a bit more thoroughly. 

@KTKT_863 Hi, it's not accepted as a solution but as "best response", meaning the question has been answered and can be marked as such. It's still a problem. Some users just cannot re-use their credentials after deleting a Teams free org. and there's no explanation or solution other than to set it up with another address/account. I will update this post if I find a solution to it.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me! I followed that guide in the link and deleted my teams and then the Azure tenant. Now I cannot use any email address from the same domain name to create a new free teams org! This is VERY FRUSTRATING! I have been trying this for the past month!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@amenizi Well, I have to agree on this one apart from the **bleep** as there are so many affected by this. Meaning, they have created a Teams free org. with a personal Microsoft account. Then deleted the org. following the steps here Delete your Teams free org. Even though waiting several days it seems as only a few can reuse their personal address when signing up for Teams free again. And there just isn't any proper answer to why this is only happening to a few, or how to resolve it, other than signing up/creating a new Teams free org. with a new email address. I do not have the issue myself but would appreciate a more user-friendly approach in terms of information here Teams free support 

View solution in original post