Cannot activate full-screen mode anymore since Teams v1.3.00.21759

Copper Contributor

Since Teams version 1.3.00.21759, the chat window was completely redesigned (buttons are now in the upper area, before, they were in the bottom area).

Since this change, I cannot do full-screen anymore when someone does screen sharing in a chat. Depending of the resolution of the sending and receiving monitor, this can result in quite ugly deformed text, sometimes nearly unreadable, so I prefer to have full screen to have least possible interpolation of the screen image.

Did I miss something?

Attached screenshots of the two versions (was the same test session btw.). teams-old shows a real full screen (1:1 or edge to edge), while teams-new shows has the useless bars on top and bottom and uses only 83% per dimension for the session

PS: There was a documented hotkey in the past version for full screen which never worked. but at least it was possible to activate from the menu (now not anymore). This hotkey documentation is now also gone

5 Replies
Have you tried the "focus" option in the Meetings bar?
Yes, I tried. The lower bar disappeared, but the upper bar remained. the shared screen was still not full screen

@danald 

+1

The Focus is much worse compared to the Full Screen, that was available before.

Btw this is the best possible readability of a shared intellij screen of a teammate on my screen. Both of us have the same monitor resolution of 3440x1440

@danald 

FWIW, there is an option in Teams to go back to the old behavior (ie where the toolbar floats at the bottom, and full-screen is still an option, and works as before).

Every time MS pushes a Teams update, it "upgrades" to the new behavior. So far, the option to revert to the old behavior is still working (as of today Sep/22).

To revert: profile | settings | general ... Under Application section, uncheck "Turn on new meeting experience".

Hope that helps.