SOLVED

Cannot access Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi, I signed up for Microsoft teams. I was able to set up a team on my first login. But when I tried logging in again, it tells me that "You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization." message even though I already signed up.0

30 Replies
I have the same problem, but only on one PC!
To understand how Teams works, I setup Microsoft Teams on two PCs running Win10, with different Teams accounts, and successfully made some calls and meeting requests. The private account setup was pretty painful, and the app had some initial errors, but eventually all worked fine. Then I decided to switch the account used by the Teams app on one of the PCs, and got caught in this bizarre endless loop.
Look at the screen on the left:
- Teams app error message "You're not in teams yet"
- Google Chrome version of Microsoft Teams, with that exact account, working fine
Look at the screen on the right:
- Microsoft Teams app on a different PC, with that exact account, working fine
As described by others, I didn't receive any email to "share." Also, clearing the Teams cache didn't help.
If this is the typical experience people during a test phase, it's a wonder that any IT department actually buys this product.

@rmendozamz 

MattPlayzRBLX_0-1615484041846.png

This is what I get when I try doing it today. Could somebody help?

@Vastant used to be able to go through that way but not anymore :(

Hello MS, Why are your products rubbish? whether its Win10 or TEAMS, I log in then I am told I am not logged in, I am in a LOOP! and I look here and the problem has been here for over a year! and proper solution

I Cannot access microsoft teams, what I'm supposed to do 

@rmendozamz 

Just click on Sign up for Teams, and then enter the same e-mail and password, then chose for work and organizations 

While trying to Login in Microsoft Teams app at Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS... I got stuck at:

You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.

Btw. The same credentials works at mobile apk on Android and on Windows.

$ apt-cache policy teams
teams:
  Installed: 1.4.00.13653
  Candidate: 1.4.00.13653
  Version table:
 *** 1.4.00.13653 500
        500 https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ms-teams stable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Is there any way to fix this case or any workaround to use the app at Linux.

@rmendozamz 

I've noticed on Windows 11 at least, if you uninstall the O365 Teams and use the Teams built-in to Windows (not via web browser), this problem stops happening.  This is kind of maddening, since it worked before, but now the free version is a completely separate app... kinda like the separation between Skype and Skype for Business.

I find this as the solution for me: Uninstall the desktop app if you have already downloaded it. Then log into the browser version. Click the 3 dots on the top right corner and "Download the desktop app". The desktop app downloaded in this way should be able to work with free personal account.
It seems the problem is in the "Login" by itself, I was struggling with this error for hours.

The Solution is to log out, and uninstall Teams completely from your computer. Then install the Teams for Individual and small businesses.
During the instillation, you will be required to log in, at this part you will be presented with users you can login as, sometimes it defaults to a work a user (indicated with an id-tag logo), don't choose that one, but select the user with the "personal user" -icon.
THANK YOU!! I've been going around for hours in this loop. Your solution was perfect for me.