SOLVED

Cancel an occurrence of channel meeting

Iron Contributor

Hi All,

We started using/encouraging users to use Teams meetings instead of Skype and recently we came across an interesting behavior. If you set up a recurring Teams Channel Meeting and would like to cancel just 1 occurrence, it is not possible(at least I could find that option). I tested with some old teams and I could go to the group calendar in OWA and it shows me an option to cancel meetings, but in all the newly created teams, I do not have any option to cancel the meeting.

1.png2.png

13 Replies
best response confirmed by Tanya Arora (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hmm just tested this. Should work by 

1.) Going to the calendar

2.) Selecting the meeting and edit

3.) Edit this instance

4.) Cancel meeting

I did this in a recurring meeting specifically in a channel (general channel in the Team).

CancelTeams.PNG

Best, Chris

Thanks Chris! Is there is any workaround to deal with it at the moment?
Open the group calendar in Outlook and remove the single meeting from there! I agree this should be simpler though
Alright, just saw the update!! Movin out!

@adam deltinger From outlook, it only allowed me to decline or delete the occurrence.

Haaa it works from Teams Meeting tab! Thanks
Fantastic! Glad we got you an answer!

Best, Chris
Like magic!! Glad it was resolved

But, for the record, @Christopher Hoard it doesn't make sense that the same meeting series behaves differently between the channel and the calendar ;) 

madeingermany_0-1598899956691.png

Sure. I would open this on Uservoice or search to see if there is something open and add your voice to it. Consistency is absolutely key for a good UX

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard I thought any member of the Team could cancel a Teams meeting from the Teams app, since the Team is the organizer of the meeting.  It appears that only the creator of the meeting (just like in Outlook) can cancel meetings.  

Agree with@FondaK 

That's a frequent scenario in our case. Whoever set up the meeting is out and nobody else on the team can change the series. Would make a lot of sense to have the Team / Channel own the meeting.

A workaround I use is to just update the start date of the occurrence to the next occurring meeting. This however doesn't help when you want to cancel a single event in the future and still have your regular meetings in the meantime. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tanya Arora (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hmm just tested this. Should work by 

1.) Going to the calendar

2.) Selecting the meeting and edit

3.) Edit this instance

4.) Cancel meeting

I did this in a recurring meeting specifically in a channel (general channel in the Team).

CancelTeams.PNG

Best, Chris

View solution in original post