Can you disable Chat message in Teams during weekends?

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Is there a chance that we can set a policies that can disable chat messaging in Teams during weekends across the enterprise?

5 Replies
There's no such functionality. Closest you can get is to toggle chat off in your existing policies on a schedule, i.e. disable it Friday evening and toggle it back on Monday morning. Though you likely have to account for replication time too.
In any case, you can post this as suggestion over at the Feedback portal: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/ad198462-1c1c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472
Just curious, but is using “quiet days” not enough, or is it really to prevent users from sending chat messages?

Can I know, if it is really to prevent users from sending messages during the weekend, the reason?

Kind regards,
Mitchell Bakker
as other gentlement mentioned here
1, MS don't have this(and I think MS want people talk more)
2, you know for time zone reason(for global org), you need to define "weekends"
3, agree with Vasil, you can turn it off from policy, via a autoscript

Because our COO wanted us to enjoy our weekends, they have decided to prohibit employees from working on weekends. On weekends, he wants to disable messaging chat in teams. Quiet days necessitate manually configuring the policy. We want to run the script across the entire enterprise.

So if the user case is to prevent employees from working in the weekends can enjoy the weekends, why only limit it to Chat messages in Teams? ;)