Can we store all the Teams meeting recordings inside a SharePoint site instead of the user OneDrive

Steel Contributor

Can we store all the Teams meeting recordings inside a SharePoint site instead of the user OneDrive?

currently when someone setup a Teams meeting and he record the meeting the meeting will get saved inside the user's onedrive. so can we change the location of the recording to be inside a

SharePoint site we create?

Thanks

7 Replies

@john john

WWhat licenses do you have. Honestly I would swear that it was already stored in a common area 

Only ends up in the SharePoint library if it’s a channel meeting recording.
@ ChristianJBergstrom
you mean it is a meeting inside an Office 365 group? i mean how i can setup a channel meeting?

@john john Either schedule from the channel in Teams or schedule from your personal calendar in Teams and select the channel in the settings of the invite.

You can of course move the recordings from OneDrive if channel meetings aren't applicable. But perhaps an administrative overhead.

@ChristianJBergstrom  ok thanks , so the users do not have to be in the same Office 365 group to save the recording inside the SharePoint library? am i correct? i mean can i create a channel meeting on he fly without setting Office 365 group in advance ?

A channel meeting takes place in the associated team (group mailbox) so every recording will end up in its SPO library. You can use Meet now or schedule it.