SOLVED

Can't view any Documents when adding a Library through the SharePoint Tab

Copper Contributor

Hello there,

we experience a strange behaviour when adding an additional document library to a team. When a document library is added via the SharePoint-Tab (to view metadata columns and changing views) and not via the document library tab it is not possible to open any Documents at all.

Is this a known bug or is there any way to fix that ?

Best regards
Florian

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Flow85 

The SharePoint tab only shows content in Read only mode, so anything that is editing of content, including the opening of files doesn't work. I have looked into this before and the only conclusion I had is to use the document library tab and not the SharePoint one. 

@Andrew Hodges Thanks for the anwser. That is really a bit frustrating. Without the metadata or the possiblity to use another view the library tab is quite useless if there a many document stored in a library. Also all the features are already there in the standard files tab...  At least it is possible with a column formatting to open the documents (with an external application).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Flow85 

The SharePoint tab only shows content in Read only mode, so anything that is editing of content, including the opening of files doesn't work. I have looked into this before and the only conclusion I had is to use the document library tab and not the SharePoint one. 

View solution in original post