SOLVED
Home

Can't upload images to channel/room

Highlighted
Deleted
Not applicable

This has been super annoying.

I can upload images to chat rooms, but not channels.

Not all users at our org have this issue.

I would really appreciate some help/advice on how to fix.

Also, is there a good place for me to provide feedback about Teams? I really dislike how I have to wait for images to upload before sending. I also dislike how images clutter my "shared" OneDrive file lists; honestly, I don't want to see any of my chat images/files in my OneDrive. It makes it hard to find important shared docs. 

8 Replies
Highlighted
Do you have the same issues in all clients?
Web/mobile/desktop?

The place for these requests are here:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Adam
Highlighted

Ah, good question about clients. I am using the web interface. I will try the desktop app, I forgot that it existed. :D

I'll report back my findings.

Thanks for link to uservoice!

Highlighted
You might be just doing it wrong. Copy and paste images inline to the chat box :p. Unless you actually need an image file name itself to be searchable and or used later for content and are just trying to communicate with an image Teams chat boxes accept just pasting right inline your chat. No waiting on upload etc.
Highlighted
True :) more referring to stuff working for others , and not for him though! Could be that they are doing in different ways also, like you said
Highlighted

Looks like the app doesn't work either.

When I try to upload an image to this team, in both app and web, I get a modal window "choose and upload location" and it just has the room name and dropbox as a choice.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 12.11.00 PM.png

Highlighted

@Chris Webb wrote:
You might be just doing it wrong. Copy and paste images inline to the chat box :p. Unless you actually need an image file name itself to be searchable and or used later for content and are just trying to communicate with an image Teams chat boxes accept just pasting right inline your chat. No waiting on upload etc.

Interesting! Had not considered that ... 

Generally, my workflow involves taking screen shots and then dragging/dropping said screenshots onto chat input (be it the main chat input box or threaded chat input box).

I'll see if I can change my workflow to copy/paste my clipboard? 99% of the time, I do not need these images to be searchable outside of chat. 

My OneDrive "shared" section is cluttered with images from others and/or me from chat messages.

Thanks so much for the help Chris and Adam, I really appreciate the tips and advice!!! :)

Highlighted
Solution
Yeah, I just screenshot all the time, which usually goes to clip board, or I will use SnagIt, copy and then paste into chat. 90% of the time works just fine, sometimes I might have to save my snagit when I do edits, and then open and copy / paste, but I def. never upload images into Teams, it doesn't work well for that, only use the paperclip(attach) when using actual files.
Highlighted

Ah, good ideas for workarounds. I will give those a whirl; I do use DropBox for screenshots and it copies link to clipboard. I also would not mind finding a system addon for my mac that copies the actual screen shot to my clipboard! That would be cool :)

.... Just googled, and it looks like you can hold down control key when taking screen shot to have it copy to your clipboard!!!! Very cool.

Pasting my clipboard into teams chat works perfectly!!! And it's fast and instantaneous!

All these years using a Mac, I never knew you could take screenshots and have them save to the clipboard!

Woot!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

Consider this issues solved. :)