Can't sign into Windows Teams App

Copper Contributor

I use a personal email address on the free account, and it worked for the past 3 months, then suddenly in the last couple of weeks its given me an error message saying something about "your admin hasn't given you access, please ask them to do so".

Why does it do this, as the account works fine on my phone using personal email address.

Please help!!

6 Replies

Hi @gileshowden ,

I feel your pain here as I am starting to confuse myself with this scenario. With there now being effectively three versions of Teams, all with high potential for account conflict.

So first things first, are we talking about Teams personal, as in what is intended for Family and Friends and is bound to a mobile number effectively. I am sure we are not but if this is so, then it is only available for use on the mobile app.

Or are we talking about the Free version of Teams?

If it is the free version of Teams, normally where this goes wrong is if a personal account has an alias of a corp account that has a Teams license. And then when you come to access Teams it gets in a pickle. So that is one immediate thing to check.

Thanks

Henry

Hi Henry

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the lack of response from me.

Yes, your right, I'm trying to use the free account of teams for my work place to contact others in business. 

So - I tried to use a domain email address from the business I work at, and that gives me the same error (and there's no other accounts linked to it)!!!!

So frustrating!!! At the moment, I can't use teams at all because of this poxy error code. Pleaaaasssseeee soooommmmeeeeeoooonnnneeee hhheeelllpppp mmmeeee.......

Cheers, appreciate it.

Giles

Hi @gileshowden ,

Who is the provider of the personal account you signed up for the Free version of Teams with?

Asking because I will confirm the settings that will walk you through confirming you have no alias in place that could conflict.

I would also expect the business domain to be less likely to work, especially if your business has a M365 subscription.

Your only other real option if you are still struggling and sorry if they have sent you this way already but really is to contact Microsoft Support. As the problem with the free version, is that if and when things do go wrong, you are much more limited in what you can do to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Henry

Thanks Henry

Provider of the personal email account used was gmail. 

No the business address is linked to no M365 subscription whatsoever hence why I tried it.

OK well thanks for your help - guess I'll have to buy a business subscription and do it that way.

Cheers

Hi @gileshowden ,

I can highly recommend the Business and M365 enterprise plans but feel bad for you if the Free version of Teams ticks all of the boxes for you.

Could you send me a screenshot of what you are getting, just so I can visualise and see if anything else comes to mind?

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Right believe it or not it's now changed and I get another error which says - there is a problem with your microsoft account. to fix this please sign in to account.live.com from a browser. 

I did this and tried again and still nothing....what next? Starting to give up on Microsoft (not you Henry, your doing a good job!).......and in response to your previous question about contacting microsoft themselves - I did that right at the start and got told they couldn't help a free user and pointed me to this forum.....great...thanks microsoft, I really feel like I want to buy from you again....n o t.

Cheers Henry. Appreciate your help.