SOLVED

Can't remove myself from a meeting of another organization as external

Copper Contributor

Hi. I have two organization accounts and I accidentally joined a meeting of one organization(A) using the account from the other organization(B), not sure if the administrator of the meeting did something to let me in. Now there are two chat members in that meeting and one of them is shown as external. They have my account information such as email, which is not I wish. How can I remove that external account?

I tried several solutions. First, there is no chat shown in the account for org. B. Even if I joined the meeting again, there is no button to leave (I can see the button to leave the chat in account A, ironically). Other than that, organization A doesn't appear on my settings of account for B, so there is no way to remove it.

If no easy solution is possible, would it work if organization B delete and re-create my account?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
External is just a federated identity into meetings, there isn't an object on their side to remove. If not chat was performed you're client probably never would have seen the chat and it wouldn't have shown up. Someone with permission can remove you from the chat of the meeting if it's listed there but it could be listed there from the invite itself.

You need to have someone in the meeting with the proper permissions to try to remove you, but if could be a case where they need to remove it form the invite of the meeting itself. Either way there isn't an account for "External" users, it's just federated join.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
External is just a federated identity into meetings, there isn't an object on their side to remove. If not chat was performed you're client probably never would have seen the chat and it wouldn't have shown up. Someone with permission can remove you from the chat of the meeting if it's listed there but it could be listed there from the invite itself.

You need to have someone in the meeting with the proper permissions to try to remove you, but if could be a case where they need to remove it form the invite of the meeting itself. Either way there isn't an account for "External" users, it's just federated join.

View solution in original post