Can't open links to Teams

Copper Contributor

We have Intranet (Confluence) links to Teams channels, but the links forward current browser (Desktop, Firefox) to some launcher page https://teams.microsoft.com/dl/launcher/launcher.html which doesn't let me forward without launching Edge or installing Teams app. In my client environment using Edge or installing applications is forbidden.

How to open Teams links in Firefox?

Setting Windows to open Edge-links in Firefox creates eternal loop of opening new tabs.

6 Replies

@KPelto  Do you have the option of testing with Chrome or is it blocked for it as well?

Regards, Magnus

I have the same issue. But this is independent of Confluence or any other solution; it's a Teams website issue. I get this problem when clicking a link in a Teams email inviting me to a new shared folder. There's no way to open Teams in the browser anymore even though this used to work fine just a few weeks ago.

Browser: Firefox latest on Windows 10

@KPelto 
You may want to check whether your company has an Intune Conditional Access policy configured that governs whether Teams or SharePoint content can be opened only in approved apps (basically, anything Microsoft).

@MagnusGoksoyrOLDProfile  Nope, can't install Chrome either.

@Paul Van Beek Launcher webpage is at Microsoft.com and it doesn't offer to continue in Firefox, although Teams works in Firefox. The client organization itself doesn't have o365 account.

@KPelto  i had same prob. Try install hotspot shield free VPN. its free for chrome.