Can't Join Teams Meeting as external guest

Copper Contributor

I left my prior company where we used MS Teams and am interviewing for new roles at another company who is using teams.  However, I cannot join any MS Teams meeting from the new client regardless of option.  It seems that everytime I try to join a teams meeting and put in my personal email it's defaulting to my prior companies MS Tenant and I get an authentication error.

I am running an Macbook Pro with the latest MACOS.  I've tried downloading MS Teams Client, running it from chrome browser, Safari Browser and no joy--Same issue.  My personal email is also associated with my individual Office365 subscription.  Any Ideas?

How can I clear the tenant reference?

1 Reply

Hello @djs66   I've found a prior post that, while not exactly your issue, may spark some things to look for in your situation:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-join-client-s-team-meetings-as-a-guest-...

Until another member of the community can provide an answer, you might also try searching this topic among past posts because there are many dealing with the inability to join as an external guest.

Hope this helps.