SOLVED

Can't invite a guest in my organisation

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are begining to use Teams in my organisation.
We have to invite a guest which haven't a microsoft account and of  course, haven't an account in my organisation.

I read this topic https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/guest-access-checklist

To check where I miss something, but I don't see where I fail.

When I want to invite someone with its email address, the searchbar don't find it, because it's not in my organisation ...

And I want to send an invitation link by this way, if I've a good understanding of this subject, it's possible.

Someone can help me ?

Thnaks by advance

Eric

7 Replies
best response confirmed by EricPS (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Have you enabled guest access and if so when? It can take a while before this starts working after enabling it!

Adam

@adam deltinger 
Hi Adam,

Indeed, I've seen that somewhere.

Maybe it's just that, too much impatient :)

I've made changments since at least 10 hours.
One changment more this morning (France), so maybe I have to be more patient.

Thanks for your response.

I reply in several time to say you if it was that

So it was that !

I'm not too much patient ...

Sorry to opened a topic for that.

Thanks for your quick response Adam

Bye

@EricPS

I have the same problem.

I followed all the rules from here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/guest-access-checklist

Still if I type gmail.com address, within adding new team member process, it doesnt show up asa guest and I cant click "add".

Its been 36 hours.  

@MieczkowskiPiotr J'ai exactement le même problème et je viens d'envoyer une question dans le forum. Cela ne doit pas être une question si basique finalement...On se tient au courant

Christophe

@EricPSUse T-Bot and watch the Video "Create instant meetings with Meet Now". Here you'll find the solution for inviting external guests.

Hello Everyone,

For me it's done, it's working now.

For new admins who wants make changes in admin stuff, I think it's the Coronavirus's Fault .. :(

The entire world is connecting its 365 account, and I think it can be very perturbated.
Since yesterday I try to entering in my users profils in Teams admin site, and I can't.

Some people have the same problem ?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EricPS (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Have you enabled guest access and if so when? It can take a while before this starts working after enabling it!

Adam

View solution in original post