Can't get away from guest additions

Copper Contributor

Teams is giving me a headache in this area. I have some new users. Their email are gmail, hotmail, comcast, etc. accounts like many others I have added They have never been added to  Teams or on the Azure AD groups. I go to add them fresh and when I type their email to add to their team it comes up immediately at add XXXXXX@gmail as guest with no other options. Any ideas? I want them to be members and owners.

Thanks,

Gene

3 Replies

@Gene_Austin  Where are you trying to create these accounts on Azure, Teams, or Teams Admin centers???

you can easily invite them directly from your Teams if they are being part of specific teams as guests it should give you search external guests option.

@PDostiyar I am trying to add user under the menu for the specific team in the Team application. I have tried on the web, phone application, and desktop application. I just know that as soon as the user is created it actually ends up in an Azure AD. For This is currently the free version of Teams. The user only has the option of XXXX.gmail.com is being added as guest. I don't get the normal add user and then can choose member or owner. 

Thanks,

Gene

@Gene_Austin  ok great then it makes sense for the free version, but still, if you add users in Azure and then it comes to Teams you will be able to correct them, or the second use case is to edit them in Azure even if you add them on Teams when you are seeing them in Azure as per your last post.